Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 276)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Easy to prepare Mushroom Sauce is a favorite with sauteed chicken.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 pound Mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 6 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 4 cups Brown chicken stock
- Few drops fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Oregano *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg *
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Heat together the oil and butter.
- Add mushrooms and saute' until mushrooms are tender.
- Add flour and stir to blend.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- De-glaze pan with white wine and add chicken stock, stir to blend.
- Add seasonings and cook until sauce thickens.