Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 33)
Preparation time: 1 days; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
Asparagus in Fajitas? Why not? Great tasting and attractive variation.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 10 ounces Frozen (thawed and drained) asparagus
- 1 cup Canned sweet corn (drained)
- 1/4 cup Diced onions
- 1 cup Sliced green, red and yellow sweet peppers
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper *
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 6 Flour tortillas
- Wash chicken and cut into thin strips.
- Place in heavy plastic bag or container.
- Pour Italian dressing over chicken and seal tightly.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
To prepare filling:
- Drain chicken.
- Heat oil in a 12 inch frying pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken and vegetables, stir-fry until the chicken is heated through and the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add seasonings and lemon juice.
- Warm tortillas according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Place hot chicken-asparagus mixture in center of tortilla, and roll.
- Serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.