Free Shipping for Orders over $100!
Some exclusions apply. See our shipping policies for more information.
Try this product in these recipes
- Argentina Style Roast Beef (Matambre)
- Banana Chiffon Cake
- Barbecued Catfish
- Beef Burgundy (Boeuf Bourguignon)
- Beefsteak Henri IV
- Bell Pepper Pasta Salad (Pasta Con Peperonata)
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Braised Oxtails with Red Chili Beans
- Braised Red Cabbage with Raisins
- Braised Veal Shanks (Ossobuco)
- Broiled Chicken with Hunter's Sauce (a la Chasseur)
- Caesar Salad
- Calamari Fritti
- Calamari Provencale
- Chicken and Sausage Creole
- Chicken Breast with Italian "Salsa Verde"
- Chicken Cacciatore (Chicken, Italian Hunter Style)
- Chicken in Chambourcin ( Red Wine )
- Chicken in Hell's Fire
- Chicken with Mustard and Wine Sauce (Dijonaise)
- Cilantro/Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- Clams with Squid Ink Pasta
- Classic Italian Stuffed Eggplant (Melanzane Ripiene)
- Classic Spanish Summer Chilled Soup (Gazpacho)
- Cold Grilled Catfish Salad with Rasberry Dressing
- Crabmeat Soup
- Creamy Black Bean Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Corn and Rice
- Cuttlefish, Mussels, and Clam Soup
- Deep Fried Fish in Batter
- Deep Fried Ham and Egg Meatballs
- Deep Fried Paper-Wrapped Pork
- Deep Fried Pork Meat Balls
- Deep Fried Sweet Potato Balls
- Edith's Grillades
- Eggplant Salad (Ensalada de Berenjenas)
- Emperor's Mushroom Marinade
- Fish Cakes
- Fish Croquettes
- Fish Stock (Fumet)
- Fisherman's Breakfast
- Foccacia with Rosemary (Italian Flat Bread)
- Fragrant, Braised Pork
- French Onion Soup Gratineed
- Fried Oysters
- Galletti Mushrooms Risotto
- Garlic Oil
- Gold Coin Pork
- Green Risotto with Galletti Mushrooms (Risotto Verde con Galletti)
- Grilled Marinated Zucchini
- Homemade Horseradish Sauce Piedmont-Style
- Honey Cake
- Honey-Roasted Duck Breast
- Insalata di riso nerone
- Italian Vegetable Soup (Minestrone di Romagna)
- Lettuce Rolls with Stir-Fried Pork
- Liver Casserole
- Marinated Mushrooms (Champinones en Escabeche)
- Marinated Steak Royale
- Native American Blueberry Dessert (Wojapi)
- Ocean Catfish in Mustard Sauce
- Okra Gumbo with Shrimp, Sausage and Ham
- Open-faced Turkey Tamales
- Orange Pot Roast
- Pan-seared Salmon Steaks
- Pasta alla Puttanesca
- Pearl Onion and Fontina Picks
- Pickled Chinese Lettuce
- Polenta and Salt Cod (polenta e Baccala)
- Pop Lowery's Texas Lemon Barbecue Sauce
- Port Braised Cornish Game Hens
- Prawns with Garlic (Gambas al Ajillo)
- Quick Fried Beef Venetian Style
- Rib Eye with Vegetables
- Risotto Con le Zucchine
- Roasted Chile and Turkey Enchiladas
- Savoy Cabbage and Italian Sausage (Verze e Luganega)
- Shrimp Enchiladas Tampico
- Shrimp Remoulade
- Simmered First, Deep Fried Pork
- Spanish Garlic Soup
- Spinach Pasta (Pasta Verde)
- Stewed Pork with Potatoes
- Stir-Fried Chinese Sausage and Cabbage
- Stir-Fried Ham and Spinach
- Stir-Fried Pork
- Stir-Fried Pork and Bean Curd
- Stir-Fried Pork and Clams
- Stir-Fried Pork and Ginger Root
- Stir-Fried Pork and Leeks
- Stir-Fried Pork with Bok Choy and Bell Pepper
- Stir-Fried Pork with Peanuts
- Stir-Fry Pork and Lotus Roots
- Sweet and Sour Egg Plant
- Tennessee Valley Pate with Fruit and Green Peppercorns
- Thyme and Sage Braised Chicken Wings with Apricots
- Tomato and Leek Sauce
- Topneck Clam Sauce (Pasta Con le Arselle)
- Trout (Truites) a la Meuniere
- Vegetable Stock
- Vegetarian/Vegan Chili
- Viking Wild Duck
- Wellington Beef
- Whole Baked Garlic with French Bread
- Wilted Frilly Leaf Endive Salad with Smoked Bacon
- Winter Haven Salad
Cooking/All Purpose Olive Oil
Case price: $102.00 (12/case)
We are selling this oil at the same price you might find at your local grocery store! Here is why...
Dating on olive oil: The perfect time to consume extra virgin olive oil is directly from the press at the time of pressing. At that point the oil has 100% of everything nature could provide.
After that, olive oil begins to slowly lose some of its vitality. Have you ever noticed that high quality olive oil has a best by date on it, and the grocery store variety does not?
That is because they don’t want you to know how old the oil is (one year, two years, five years?).
It is not a problem if you intend to saute or bake with it, but it becomes problematic when you want to use it for dipping, or salads, or as finishing oil over vegetables.
Face it—common grocery store olive oil tastes flat and lacks depth.
Now back to best by dates: olive oil begins to lose vitality once it is bottled, generally speaking 18 months after bottling, the oil is no longer at its very peak.
Here is the point of these ramblings; occasionally in our enthusiasm for a great extra virgin olive oil, we buy too much, and 18 months later we have a dilemma.
Oil that is still great and certainly better then the common garden variety you can expect at the grocery store. Unfortunately for us, we can no longer, in good conscience, represent this oil as being in its original peak condition. In our minds it has now become some of the finest cooking, all purpose olive oil in the world.
Long story short: we are selling this oil at the same price you might find at your local grocery store, $10.00 per bottle!
The producers may vary, but the quality will be excellent and well worth your consideration.
As always, Avanti Savoia stands behind everything we sell with a 100% money back guarantee.
Premium cooking oil, 500ml bottle, Imported from Italy.
(Extra Virgin Olive Oil).
If you have an account with us, please log in to submit a review.View a Listing of All Product Reviews
May 05, 2013
by Justin Tomac (Raytown, MO)
We are continually surprised and impressed with the quality of this Oil. We have never received a bottle that does not have the wonderful smell of good quality Oil.
December 24, 2012
by Sarah Burai (Seattle, WA)
This stuff is great! Perfect mild flavor, BIG bottle, great value, and the dispenser at top prevents the oil from spilling down the outside of the bottle. Really happy I got this!
June 29, 2011
by Deborah Weiler (Arlington, VT)
Excellent !!!! I use it for everything. The quality and performance goes along way. Deborah Weiler, Vermont
November 18, 2010
by Janice Tocher (Knoxville, TN)
So much better than what can be found in local grocery store - at about the same price! Excellent ITALIAN extra virgin olive oil.
by GREGG HATZO (CLEVELAND, OH)
by Tim Mullins (Indianapolis, IN)
Love your oils, although a little more expensive than what I can get in stores.
January 09, 2010
Very nice,makes for a very good cooking oil.
by TIMOTHY WARK (OCEAN CITY, NJ)
October 16, 2009
by Kathryn Johnson (Charlotte, CA)
Improves quality of my cooking
July 19, 2009
by Theresa Darling (Warren, PA)
I cook only with olive oil, and have found this oil to be the best flavor and quality for the money, better than any I could find at grocery or specialty cooking stores. I buy 3-5 at a time when it's available and use it for salad dressings, cooking, and baking (I bake all of our daily bread).
by Louis DiPasquale (Stroudsburg, PA)
I have ordered this several times and have been very happy with the products each time
March 16, 2009
by Ben Slocum (Knoxville, TN)
This is such a great value. Perfect for all my olive oil needs, but because it is a bit mature there is no need to feel like I need to use sparingly. This is always in my pantry.
February 24, 2009
Excellent quality and taste, especially for the price.
February 24, 2009
by Annabel Santana (New York, NY)
Excellent quality and taste, especially for the price.
February 07, 2009
by Sean Evans (Dayton, OH)
This olive oil is just what we were looking for in an everyday cooking olive oil. We have ordered six bottles so far and have had nothing but positive experiences with it. Bon Appetit!
January 24, 2009
by Max Richardson (Fargo, ND)
The ten bottle order arrived with one bottle broken at the neck, but the olive oil is excellent.