Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Linguine al pesto
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 109)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Linguine pasta with Pesto sauce; this recipe requires a high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil to reach it's full potential.
- 1 pound Linguine pasta *
- 2 ounces Fresh basil
- 2 ounces Grated “Pecorino” cheese
- .7 ounce Pine nuts
- 1 clove Garlic
- 10 Tablespoons "Fruttato Intenso" Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- Clean the basil leaves and put them and 1.8 oz of grated “Pecorino” cheese, the garlic clove, the pine nuts and 8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a food processor and mix until it becomes a cream.
- In a large pot bring 1.5 gallons of water to a boil, salt the water (2 ounces of salt for 1.5 gallons of water) add the pasta and bring back to a boil. Lower the heat and cook the pasta until it is “al dente" (10 to 12 minutes) check the producer’s recommendation for cooking time, pastas will vary. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- When pasta is cooked, drain, and put it in a bowl, add the “Pesto” sauce, stir gently.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated “Pecorino” cheese on top of the pasta and serve.