Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 525)
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 90 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Sophisticated Italian version on a familiar favorite.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 Large zucchini, finely diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 Yellow onion, finely diced
- Black peppercorn; freshly ground to taste *
- 5 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes *
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 pound Ground pork
- 1/2 pound Ground veal
- 1 pound Beef chuck diced
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
2 cups Balsamic glaze
Acet-Up Crema Balsamica suggested
- Fine Sea Salt *
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add the zucchini, bell peppers, onion, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Cook until almost soft; about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, and herbs in a large bowl.
- Add the meats, breadcrumbs, Pecorino Romano cheese, 1 cup of the Balsamic glaze, and the vegetables; mix until just combined.
- Mold the meatloaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and brush the remaining Balsamic glaze over the entire loaf. Or mold into a loaf pan.
- Bake the meatloaf for approximately 1 to 1 ¼ hours.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.