Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Baked Cod with Cheese
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 506)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
The recipe is easy. Fresh fish is what it is all about (and great olive oil, of course).
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pound Cod fillets, skinned and boned
- 1/4 teaspoon Black peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 3 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 cup Gouda cheese
- Cut cod into 4 pieces.
- Season with peppercorn, and salt, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a frying pan heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and fry cod on one side only over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn pieces, sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese has melted and fish is just cooked through.
- Serve with boiled rice and green salad.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.