Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Baked Pork Spareribs
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 677)
Preparation time: 2 1/2 hours; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Delicious spareribs with an exotic BBQ sauce.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 teaspoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sweet Onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Black Mustard *
- 1 cup Honey Vinegar *
- 1 cup Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup Amish Catsup Sauce (see recipe)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 5 pounds Pork Spareribs cut into 2 to 3 pieces
- Coarse Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn, to taste *
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a shallow baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Place sweet onions in butter in a small saucepan and sautè until soft and translucent.
- Add brown sugar, dry black mustard, honey vinegar, pineapple, Amish catsup, lime juice, pomegranate juice, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until combined and cook over medium heat until reduced and thickened, 20 to 30 minutes.
- While barbecue sauce is cooking, place spareribs, meaty side up, in a single layer in the pan. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes and drain off any excess fat.
- Remove spareribs and reduce oven to 325ºF. Turn spareribs over so bony side is up. Spoon about 1 cup of the sauce over the spareribs and bake 45 minutes. Turn spareribs over again to meaty side up and top with about 1 cup barbecue sauce. Bake an additional 45 minutes until tender.
- Let rest 10 munutes, then serve spareribs with any remaining barbecue sauce on the side.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.