Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 680)
Preparation time: 1 Hour and 30 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
A Barbecue flavored recipe for vegetarians!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 cups Dry Brown Lentils, rinsed
- 5 cups Water
1/2 cup Christmas Berry Honey
Royal Hawaiian Honey suggested
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey Vinegar *
- 1/2 cup Amish Catsup Sauce (see recipe under sauces)
- 1 teaspoon Dry Black Mustard *
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
16 ounces Pulped Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Onions
- Add lentils to water, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender but whole.
- Add honey, brown sugar, honey vinegar, Amish catsup, black mustard, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and onions to the cooked lentils, stirring to combine.
- Bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes. Serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.