Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Coffee Barbecue Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 705)
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Delicious and popular combination.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 cup Brewed Espresso
- 1 cup Homemade Ketchup (See Recipe)
1/2 cup Honey Vinegar
Ramo d'Oro suggested
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 Fresh Hot Chili Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and chopped
2 Tablespoons Powdered Black Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Warm Water
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin *
- Mix the powdered black mustard with 1 tablespoon warm water.
- Put espresso, homemade ketchup, honey vinegar, brown sugar, onion, garlic, jalapeno chili peppers, black mustard mixture, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and paprika in a small pot, stir them together and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat so the mixture is just simmering and let simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, let the mixture cool, then puree it in a blender.
- Serve with grilled pork chops.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.