Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Gourmet Glazed Figs
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 708)
Preparation time: 45 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Nice recipe using dried figs, which are always available.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 24 Dried Figs
- 3 cups Cold Water
- 1/4 cup Honey Vinegar *
- 1 teaspoon Whole Cloves *
- 1 cup Brandy
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup *
- 24 Almonds, lightly browned
- Place figs and water in a saucepan. Bring to hard boil, then lower heat to simmer. Cover and let cook 20 minutes.
- Add honey vinegar, cloves, brandy and maple syrup. Stir gently in order not to break figs. Cover and simmer again for about 20 minutes or until figs are plump and transparent.
- Cool in syrup. Add a little water, if needed, but keep it rich. Just before serving, insert toasted almond in each fig.
- Serve with roast turkey or baked chicken.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.