Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Ris con Pomodoro e Melanzana
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 850)
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Rice with tomato and eggplant
- 1 ga Water to cook rice
- 30 gr (1 oz) Coarse Salt, for cooking the rice *
- 300 gr (11 oz) Parboiled Rice from Cascina Belvedere* *
- 2 large Eggplants
- 4 Tablespoons Geraci Extra Virgin Olive Oil* *
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 708 gr jar Don Bruno Marinara Sauce *
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt* *
- 400 gr (14 oz) Mozzarella Cheese
- 60 gr (2 oz) Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped by hand at the last moment
- Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil, salt the water (1 ounce of salt for 1 gallon water) and return to a boil. Add the Parboiled rice and cook for 7 minutes and drain.
- Wash the eggplants and cut in large chunks (3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4 inch). Cook in small frying pan with 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive in a large frying pan. Add the chopped garlic, tomato sauce, ground ginger, freshly ground white pepper and sea salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and stewed eggplants to the sauce in the large frying pan and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Dice the mozzarella cheese into cubes the same size as the eggplants.
- Finally, add the chopped basil and the mozzarella cheese, stir gently with a wooden spoon and serve.