Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 408)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 12 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Also known as Lotte or Angler fish. It is known for its extreme ugliness and sweet, delicious flavor.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 pieces Monkfish tail (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- Green peppercorn; freshly ground to taste *
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 2 slices White bread (2 days old)
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme *
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush monkfish pieces with 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and season with peppercorn and salt.
- Arrange fish in an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim off bead crust; break bread into soft crumbs; put bread crumbs, garlic, parsley and thyme in a food processor and run it for few seconds.
- Remove fish from the oven, turn on the grill.
- Spread mustard on the fish, sprinkle over with the breadcrumbs mixture, and press down lightly.
- Place on grill, and cook until the breadcrumbs begin to brown nicely.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and sautéed vegetables.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.