Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Spaghetti alla carbonara(1) Read review
Have you tried this recipe? Submit a review.
(Recipe ID: 106)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Spaghetti pasta with “Carbonara” sauce, this is a special recipe, fast and flavorful.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
1 pound “Spaghetti pasta”
Garofalo - suggested
- 5 Egg Yolks plus 1 whole egg
- 3.5 ounces Grated “Pecorino” cheese
5 ounces Pancetta, diced
1/4 inch thick American style bacon may be substituted, about 3 slices
- 1 Small Bundle Chives
- 4 Tablespoons Geraci Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 ounces Coarse Salt (for cooking the pasta) *
- Whole Black Pepper *
- Put the grated “Pecorino” cheese in a large bowl add the 5 egg yolks, the whole egg, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil , fresh crushed black pepper, (to taste) and fresh grated nutmeg (to taste). Stir vigorously with a whisk.
- In a big pot bring 1.5 gallons of water to a boil, salt the water (2 ounces of salt for 1.5 gallons of water) add the pasta and bring back to a boil. Lower the flame and cook the pasta until it is “al dente”, 8 to 10 minutes, stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- While the pasta cooks, put the diced bacon in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, cook until the bacon is crisp.
- When pasta is cooked, drain it and put it in a big bowl, add the egg cream and stir well then add the hot fried bacon, stir well. This all must be done quickly, the heat from the pasta and bacon cooks the eggs and melts the cheese.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.