Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pasta Stuffed Tomatoes
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 41)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
Serve as an attractive luncheon dish.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 6 Medium sized tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups zucchini, finely diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced and mashed
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked Pappardelline, cut in 1-inch pieces *
- 1/4 cup Evaporated skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- 1/4 cup Crumbled farmer cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Scoop out the inside of the tomatoes.
- Turn the tomatoes upside-down on a paper towel to drain.
- In a saute' pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and saute' the zucchini and garlic until the zucchini is tender crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and combine the zucchini with the vermicelli and evaporated milk . Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss.
- Spoon the filling into the tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft but still hold their shape.
- Serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.