Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 713)
Preparation time: 3 Hour and 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Amaze everyone with your own homemade version of this classic.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 large Sweet Onions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Tamarind Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 1 cup Anchovies Fillets, preserve on olive oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 2 whole Cloves *
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Black Peppercorn, freshly cracked *
- 1/2 cup Rhododendron Honey *
- 1 cup Molasses
3 cups White Wine Vinegar
Claudio Rosso suggested
1 cup Dark Beer
- 1/2 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 Lime, thinly sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sautè onion until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tamarind paste, garlic, ginger and bell pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add anchovies, tomato paste, cloves, pepper, chestnut honey, molasses, wine vinegar, dark beer, orange juice, water, lemon and lime. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 hours until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain Worcestershire sauce into a glass bottle and refrigerate.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.