Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 279)
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
A famous speciality of Nice, France. Serve with a dry Rose.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 cups Unbleached white flour (approximately)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- 1 package Fleischmanns Rapid Rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil *
- 1 cup Warm water
- 1/4 cup Olive oil *
- 3 to 4 cups Yellow onions, sliced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced and mashed
- 1 teaspoon Each of oregano, thyme, basil, and rosemary *
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper *
- 1 2 ounce can of anchovy filets, drained
- 18 Mediterranean style oil cured black olives
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 cups Unbleached white flour (approximately)
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 package Fleischmanns Rapid Rise yeast
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1 cup Warm water
- Mix dry ingredients including yeast together in a mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour olive oil and warm water into the well.
- Stir together until liquid is mixed with flour and then work the mixture with your hands until it is smooth.
- If it is still too sticky, you may need to add a little more flour.
- Cover the dough with a warm, damp cloth and allow it to rise about 30 minutes.
- While dough is rising, prepare the following topping.
1/4 cup Olive oil
3 to 4 cups Yellow onions, sliced
3 Cloves of garlic, minced and mashed
1 teaspoon Each of oregano, thyme, basil, and rosemary
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1 2 ounce can of anchovy filets, drained
18 Mediterranean style oil cured black olives
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and cook onions over a medium heat about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, herbs, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute more, before removing from heat.
- Preheat pizza stone to 450.
- After dough has risen, divide it in half (you may freeze half or make a second pizza).
- Shape dough into a ball, place on a lighly floured surface and flatten it with your hands.
- Finish rolling out the dough with a rolling pin until it is aobut 1/8" thick.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons cornmeal on a pizza peel and then place dough in the middle of the peel.
- Roll and pinch edge of the dough to form a border.
- Spread seasoned onion mixture evenly across the prepared dough.
- Arrange the anchovies in a criss cross pattern, forming diamonds across the top of the onions.
- Place a whole olive in each diamond and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the whole Pissaladiere.
- Slide off pizza peel onto preheated stone and bake for about 15 minutes or until crust has browned.
- Remove from oven, cut into pieces and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.