Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Stir-Fried Eggplant and Garlic Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 561)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Delicious chinese restaurant dish that is also very easy to make at home.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 tablespoon Peperoncino Flakes *
- 4 ounces Ground pork
- 1 Large eggplant
4 Garlic cloves minced and mashed
More can be used/as desired
- 2 tablespoons Ginger, finely minced
- 4 Green onions, sliced on the bias into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons Dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar *
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Toasted sesame oil
- Salt to taste *
•2 tablespoons Dry sherry
•2 tablespoons Soy sauce
•2 teaspoons Cornstarch
•Pinch of sugar
•1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
•1/2 cup Chicken stock
•2 teaspoons Toasted sesame oil
•Salt to taste
- Slice off both ends of the eggplant and cut into eighths, lengthwise.
- Cut the eggplant strips into 1 1/2' chunks.
- Heat the oil in the wok and add the dried peppers.
- Add the ground pork and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the eggplant chunks and stir-fry a minute more.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, and green onions and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add braising mixture.
- Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat, cover and allow the eggplant to briase until it is tender.
- Taste for salt, drizzle on the sesame oil and serve.
- Stir-fried eggplant and garlic sauce is also delicious cold.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.