Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Prawns with Garlic (Gambas al Ajillo)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 763)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Very simple (and tasty) appetizer or main course.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 pound Prawns or Shrimp, in the shell
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt *
- 6 cloves Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Pepper Flakes *
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- Minced Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil to very hot. Add prawns or shrimp and the salt. Cook for a minute, stirring.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook until almost done and add wine.
- Allow sauce to reduce slightly, sprinkle with parsley and serve with a crusty loaf of bread. (Guests must peel and eat)
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.