Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Tasty Citrus Pudding
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 397)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Great combination of oranges and apples.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 Oranges, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 2 Rome beauty apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Fresh ground nutmeg *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon *
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon Orange rind
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Fresh orange juice
- Place orange, and apple slices in layers in 8x8x2-inch baking pan or 1-quart casserole dish.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of this mixture over the fruit.
- Blend flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, orange rind, and egg until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over sliced fruit.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture over all.
- Dot with butter.
- Pour orange juice over all.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.