Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 403)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Chocolate soup? No, Cocoa soup! Slightly reminiscent of Mexican Atole, but without the masa.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
3 tablespoons Cocoa powder
Castagna - Pure Red Venezuelan Cocoa Powder suggested
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon *
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 pint Water
- 1 1/2 pint Whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Potato starch
- 2 tablespoons Water
- Mix cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a saucepan; add water gradually and stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes; then add milk, heat again to a boil and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix potato starch with 2 tablespoons of cold water, stir it into the soup, and remove from the heat.
- Serve warm with crumbled rusks.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.