Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 125)
Preparation time: 40 minutes; Cook time: 2 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Simplified version of a terrine.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 cup Integrale bio brown rice *
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil *
- 3/4 pound Liver, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Acacia honey *
- 1 teaspoon Coarse sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon White peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger powder *
- 1/3 cup Seedless raisins
- 1 Large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon Hazelnut oil *
- Mix water with milk and bring to boil.
- Then add rice; cook covered over a medium low heat for 40 to 50 minutes and stir occasionally so the rice won't stick.
- Cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Let cool.
- Fry chopped onion in extra virgin olive oil until light brown.
- Let stand a few minutes.
- Then combine rice, onion, ground liver, acacia honey, salt, peppercorn, raisins, ginger, marjoram, and beaten egg in a bowl, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, meanwhile oil a large baking dish with hazelnut oil.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake in oven for about 1 hour or until the top turns brown.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.