Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 149)
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Not a sophisticated or professional recipe at all, but still a delicious old fashion Texas treat.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon *
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- In a heavy iron skillet, combine sugars and milk.
- Stirring constantly, cook until mixture reaches soft ball stage or 235 degrees.
- Remove skillet from heat and add butter and cinnamon stirring to blend well.
- Stir in chopped pecans and as soon as the candy begins to thicken, spoon onto waxed paper into patties.
- Allow pralines to harden in refrigerator or other cool place.
- Wrap each piece of candy individually with plastic wrap and store in a cool place.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.