Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 274)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Leftover bread was never wasted and here's our favorite way to use it up.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 Tablespoon butter for greasing baking dish
- 6 cups stale French bread torn into pieces
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder *
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon *
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Soak raisins in brandy and set aside until needed
- Grease a 9" x 13" glass baking dish with the butter
- Place the pieces of French bread in the baking dish and toss them evenly with the raisins and brandy
- Combine whole eggs, egg yolks, vanilla powder, cinnamon, heavy cream, whole milk and sugar and stir well.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with the salt until they form soft peaks
- Fold beaten whites into the egg mixture and pour over the French bread and raisins. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with a splash of heavy cream if desired.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.