Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 382)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 12 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Easy cheesy variation on simple baked tomato.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 6 Medium sized tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt, divided *
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dry oregano, crushed *
- 1/8 teaspoon Red chili “Peperoncino” flakes, crushed *
- Use tomatoes held at room temperature until fully ripe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core tomatoes; cut each tomato in half crosswise.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, in a greased shallow baking pan.
- Sprinkle with ½ tsp of the salt.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl , combine cheese, bread crumbs, butter, oregano, “Peperoncino” flakes and remaining ½ tsp salt.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture on top of each tomato.
- Bake until hot, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve warm.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.