Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Hot and Sour Soup Version-01
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 444)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Version -01 of this soup is a little more hardy than Version-02 because of the beef stock. See Version -02 for recipe that uses chicken.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 Dried black mushrooms *
- 1/4 pound Lean pork
- 2 Bean curd cakes
- 1 Scallion
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
- 5 cups Beef broth
- 1 cup Mushroom soaking liquid
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar *
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Black peppercorn, freshly ground *
- Few drops of sesame oil
- Soak dried mushrooms.
- Reserve soaking liquid.
- Sliver mushrooms, pork and bean curd.
- Mince scallion.
- Beat egg lightly.
- Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
- Bring broth and mushroom-soaking liquid to a boil.
- Add pork and mushrooms and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Add bean curd and simmer, covered, 3 minutes more.
- Stir in “Sherry” wine, wine vinegar, salt, soy sauce, and peppercorn.
- Thicken with cornstarch paste.
- Slowly add beaten egg, stirring gently once or twice.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil and minced scallion.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.