Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 470)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fresh multi-layered chinese flavors.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 pound Lean pork
- 2 cups Lotus roots
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup Celery
- 1/2 cup Bamboo shoots
- 1 Large white onion
- 2 Scallion stalks
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Slices fresh ginger root
- 4 tablespoons Exta Virgin Olive Oil, divided *
1/2 teaspoon Aromatic sea salt with Szechwan Peppercorn
Ferri dal 1905 suggested
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine
- 1/2 cup Beef broth
- 4 teaspoons Soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- Slice the pork thin against the grain.
Slice the vegetables (lotus roots, Chinese cabbage, celery, bamboo shoots, and onion).
- Cut scallion stalk in ½-inch sections.
- Crush garlic and shred ginger root.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok pan. Add vegetables (lotus roots, Chinese cabbage, celery, bamboo shoots, and onion) and stir-fry to soften slightly; then remove from pan, set aside.
- In wok pan, add 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat up.
- Add salt, the scallion, garlic, and ginger root, and brown lightly.
- Add pork and stir-fry until it begin to brown (about 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle with Sherry wine; stir-fry ½ minute more.
- Return vegetables to wok pan.
- Add beef broth and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and simmer, covered, until done.
- Meanwhile blend cornstarch, cold water, and remaining 2 teaspoons of soy sauce to a paste. Then add in to thicken and serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.