Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 681)
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
The deep south by way of Italy.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Catfish Fillets, cut in serving size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Sea Salt with Aromatic Lemon Peel
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn *
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon Onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Apple Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Tomato Ketchup
1/4 cup Cooking Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cooking Spray
- Arrange fillets in a shallow, ceramic or glass baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, apple vinegar and ketchup with a whisk. Add olive oil and whisk into an emulsion.
- Spread the sauce over the catfish fillets and let stand refrigerated for about 15 minutes. Turn the fillets, spread the sauce and let stand refrigerated for another 15 minutes.
- Liberally spray the rungs of hinged wire grills with cooking spray. Arrange fillets on the grills, brush sauce onto them and cook 4 to 5 inches from the coals for 6 minutes with the grill cover down. Baste with more sauce, turn and cook for an additional 6 minutes. Note: If your grill does not have a cover, use an aluminum foil tent, or cook for 8 or more minutes on each side or long enough to cook fish until it flakes with a fork.
- Remove fish to a platter and serve it at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.