Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Strozzapreti Pasta and Artichokes (Caserecce ai carciofi)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 136)
Preparation time: 50 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
"Strozzapreti Pasta" and Artichokes; a Don Vito original.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1.1 pounds Strozzapreti Pasta with Wheat Germ *
- 1.1 pounds Fresh artichokes
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil "Le Magnolie"* *
- 2/3 cup White dry wine
- 1 cup Flaked parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces Coarse sea salt for pasta *
- 2 pinches Fine sea salt for seasoning the artichokes* *
- Thoroughly clean the artichokes and remove the hearts, and cut them in small slices of the same thickness approximately 1/4 inch.
- In a large pot bring 1.5 gallons of water to boil. Salt the water (2 ounces for 1.5 gallons of water) add pasta and bring back to a boil
- Lower the heat and cook the pasta until it is "al dente" (13 to 15 mminutes, pasta will vary).
- Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- While pasta cooks, put the artichokes in a frying pan with 5 tablesppons of extra virgin olive oil "Le Magnolie", two sliced cloves of garlic and fry for a few minutes then add the 2/3 cup of white wine and simmer until all the wine is evaporated.
- Check if the artichokes are cooked, if not, add some water and cook the until they are tender.
- When pasta is ready, drain it and put it in the frying pan with the artichokes, add 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley and the flaked parmesan cheese.
- Mix for 30 seconds and then cover with the grated parmesan cheese and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.