Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 191)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 1 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Squid is delicious in this salad; just do not overcook!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 pounds Calamari, cleaned
- 15 Lettuce leaves (such as oakleaf) torn
- 2 teaspoons Coarse sea salt (such as Hiwa Kai) to finish *
- 6 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dry mustard powder mixed with 3 tablespoons water, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Ginger, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons Rice wine
- 3 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 6 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 4 teaspoon Sugar
- Sea salt and black peppercorn, freshly ground to taste *
- Score the calamari on the inside in a criss-cross pattern.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside while making the dressing.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl large enough to hold the calamari and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch the calamari for 20-25 seconds-the timing depends on the thickness of the calamari.
- As soon as they curl, remove using a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Do not overcook.
- Add calamari to dressing, toss to coat, add lettuce, sprinkle with the black salt and serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.