Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Spinach Pasta (Pasta Verde)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 197)
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
The basis for our recipe Lasagne Bolanesse and other dishes.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach (keep 1 tablespoon of liquid after draining if using pasta machine)
- 2 cups Semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil *
- Water drained from spinach
- Set up pasta and dough machine; heat die in hot tap water
- Place spinach that has ben defrosted, cooked, drained, squeezed and chopped a long with flour and salt in machine container.
- Break eggs into measuring cup, 1 teaspoon olive oil and about 1 tablespoon spinach water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Affix die on machine and place front plate onto the rods.
- Put on knobs, tighten.
- Place coer on machine.
- Push switch backwards to the mix position.
- Very slowly pour 1/3 of the liquid at a time through slot in comver, allowing the dough to mix evenly.
- When dough looks fairly dry, pull switch forward to extrude postition.
- Cut pasta with scissors at desired lengths.
- Cook spinach with a splash of water and a pinch of salt in a covered pan for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Cool, drain, squeeze dry, and chop finely.
- Pour flour and salt onto work surface.
- Shape it into a mound making a "well" in the center.
- Place whole eggs, spinach and water into the center of the "well".
- Beat eggs, spinach and water lightly with a fork.
- Add flour gradually from the sides of the well, incorporation it into the dough until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Set it aside.
- Clean work surface completely and wash an dry hands.
- Knead the dough with the heel of your hand, folding and kneading for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pat it into a flat, round piece.
- Dust work surface with flour and roll out the dough away from you, turning it a quarter turn after each roll until you have a sheet 1/8" thick.
- Give the pasta a final stretching by wrapping one end of the sheet around a rolling pin and pulling that against your hand at the other end of the sheet.
- As you stretch the sheet, continue to roll up more pasta, stretching as you go along.
- Give the entire sheet one last roll and cut into 2 to 3-inch strips the length of your intended baking dish.
- A fluted rolling cutter makes a nice ruffled edge.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.