Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
White Bean and Tuna Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 236)
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Uncomplicated Italian favorite.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 cans Cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Clove garlic, minced and mashed
- 3/8 teaspoons Salt *
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Ground black pepper *
- 5 or 6 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 9 1/4 ounce cans of oil packed tuna
- Roasted peppers, lemon slices, sprigs of parsley, and black olives for garnish *
- Drain the canned beans through a strainer and rinse them with cold water.
- Drain a second time and spread them out on several paper towels to dry.
- Drain oil from tuna and set aside.
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, onions and parsley.
- Beat in olive oil and add beans.
- Toss gently to avoid breaking up beans and arrange on a serving platter or on individual salad plates.
- Top with chunks of drained tuna and garnish with roasted peppers, lemon slices, parsley, and olives.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.