Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 772)
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus cooling
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Remoulade sauce is speciality of creole restaurants. The sauce can have a mayonaise, ketchup or oil base. The version we offer here is an oil based sauce, sometimes called "red' remoulade, because of the Paprika and chili sauce. Serve it with boiled shrimp on a bed of greens.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, stringed and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard *
- 1/4 cup Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt or to taste *
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper *
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar *
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 cup Olive Oil *
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Green Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Celery
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Parsley
- 1/4 cup Lettuce per serving, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 pound Whole Boiled Shrimp, peeled, deveined and chilled
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the green onions, celery and parsley. Process until vegetables are a puree.
- Add mustard, chili sauce, paprika, salt, pepper and tabasco sauce and blend again.
- Add the vinegar and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- With the machine running, pour in the olive oil in a thin stream incorporating it into the sauce.
- Fold in the tablespoon each of onion, celery and parsley. Tightly cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer.
- To serve: Place shredded lettuce on salad plates, top with shrimp and pour about 1/4 cup of remoulade sauce on each serving.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.