Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 174)
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 1 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
"Jugged" is an old fashioned term for marinating food in a large container or "jug."
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 10 ounces Frozen artichokes
- 1/2 pound Brocolli
- 1 pound Green beans with 1/4 pound bacon
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 1 pound Cauliflower
- 6 Large outer celery ribs
- 1 pound Zucchini
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil (suggested lemon infused) *
- 1 cup Cider vinegar
- 1 cup Wine vinegar *
- 1 tablespoon Assorted seasonings (3/4 Gold Mediterrranean blend plus 1/4 Dukkah suggested) *
- 1 tablespoon Eucalyptus honey *
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger *
- 1 Bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Pimiento strips
- In a large saucepan, combine cider vinegar, wine vinegar, seasoning, honey, and ginger.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Cook artichokes, as directed on package, then drain.
- Cut other vegetables into large bite-size pieces.
- Cook each vegetables separately in unsalted, boiling water just until tender crisp.
- Drain well.
- Combine drained vegetables in a large, wide-mouth jar or glass or ceramic bowl.
- Save and use broth.
- Mix cooled marinade with extra virgin olive oil; pour over vegetables.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Shake or stir vegetables to distribute flavor evenly.
- One hour before serving, add garnish. (If refrigerated, this recipe will keep for 5 to 7 days).
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.