Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Roasted Red Peppers (Pepperoni Antipasta)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 246)
Preparation time: 60 minutes; Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Beautiful and and wonderful with Italian bread and a glass of Chianti, Sangiovese or Pinot Grigio.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 Bell peppers (red is traditional)
- 3/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/8 teaspoon Each of coarsley ground salt and pepper *
- Place whole peppers under a hot broiler.
- When the skin swells and is partially charred on one side, turn another side toward the flame.
- When all the skin is blistered and slightly charred, remove the peppers.
- The whole process should take about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place hot roasted peppers in a damp towel.
- Allow peppers to sweat 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from towel and carefully peel away the celophane-like skin. (Caution should be used since the liquid inside the peppers can still be hot).
- Cut out stems and gently scrape out seeds with a spoon or your hands.
- Cut the peeled peppers lengthwise into 1/4" strips. Pat the strips dry with a cloth or paper towel.
- Place peppers in a shallow glass serving dish and add lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Store in the refridgerator for 1-4 hours or overnight.
- Stir occasionally.
- Bring up to room temperature before serving.
- Serve alone or with other antipasta.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.