Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Orange Pot Roast
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 334)
Preparation time: 4 hours; Cook time: 3 1/2 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Familiar Pot Roast made special with aromatic citrus flavorings.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil *
- 1 Boneless rump roast (about 5 to 6 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Black peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Bay leaf *
- 1 tablespoon Orange honey *
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried leaf thyme *
- 1 teaspoon Orange rind, grated
- 2 cups Fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil; brown meat on all sides.
- Add all remaining ingredients except flour.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to platter; keep warm.
- Stir a little of the liquid into the flour to make a smooth paste; stir paste into liquid in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens slightly.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Slice meat and serve with gravy.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.