Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Tortiglioni Pasta with Carrots (Tortiglioni alle carote )
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 108)
Preparation time: 45 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Succulent dish that is a little sweet and a little salty.
- 1 pound “ Fusilli Tortiglioni pasta” from Garofalo *
- 1 pound Fresh spring carrots (baby carrots)
- 2 ounces Anchovy filets preserved in extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Dry Oregano leaves from Sicily *
- 3.5 ounces Grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon White Raisin
Uva Sultanina preferred
- 2/3 cup White wine vinegar “ASI’ delle Langhe - Tradizionale” *
- 1 1/3 cans water
- 1 teaspoon Fresh crushed black pepper *
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 ounces Coarse Salt (for cooking the pasta) *
- Soak the raisins for 1 to 2 hours in the white wine vinegar
- Clean the carrots, than cut them in quarters lengthwise.
- Add the anchovies to the extra virgin olive oil in a sauce pan and cook until they becomes a sauce. (5min. max)
- Add the carrots to the anchovy’s sauce and lightly brown for few minutes, than add the water and cook until the carrots are soft.
- In a large pot bring 1.5 gallon of water to a boil, salt the water (2 ounces of salt for 1.5 gallons of water) add the pasta and bring back to a boil. Lower the heat and cook the pasta until it is “al dente” (13 to 15 minutes) stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- While pasta cooks, add the soaked raisins, the vinegar and the oregano to the carrots and continue to cook at low temperature.
- When pasta is cooked, drain it and put it in the frying pan, with the carrots, add the grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper, stir well on low temperature for 1 minute and serve.