Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Rock Lobster Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 173)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Unusual, different and really good!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 cups Well-drained sauerkraut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 Frozen rock lobster tails
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
- 6 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil *
- 1 teaspoon Plum seed oil *
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar *
- 1 tablespoon White balsamic condiment *
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon White peppercorn, freshly ground *
6 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Prune seed oil
2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
1 tablespoon White balsamic condiment
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1/2 teaspoon White peppercorn, freshly ground
- Combine the wine, vinegar, and Balsamic condiment with salt and peppercorn, add the two oils gradually while whisking constantly to create a thick, emulsified vinaigrette.
- In a salad bowl, mix sauerkraut, chives, parsley, carrots, and add the vinaigrette and toss well.
- In a large pot, bring 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons).
- Drop frozen rock lobster into boiling salted water.
- When water returns to a rolling boil, cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and drench with cold water.
- With scissors remove underside membrane.
- Pull out meat in one piece and cut into 1/2 inch-thick crosswise slices.
- Add to the salad; lobster and cucumber slices, toss gently and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.