Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Stir-Fried Pork and Clams
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 467)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 8 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Comercial clam juice may be substituted for fresh.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 18 Small clams
- 1/2 cup Clam broth
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 pound Lean pork
- 1/4 pound Fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup Peas, parboiled
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- Shell clams: wash in cold water; scrub thoroughly with a brush to remove sand.
- Insert a blunt knife blade between the two shells and press downward on the hinges.
- This will slash the claim’s strong tensile muscle, making it easy to pry the shell apart.
- With the knife, scrape each shell to loosen the meat; carefully remove any shell fragments.
- Reserve their broth.
- Combine clam broth with cornstarch and soy sauce; then add to clams and toss to coat.
- Set aside.
- Slice pork thin against the grain.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok pan.
- Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minute).
- Add mushrooms and peas. Stir-fry until mushrooms soften (about 2 minutes).
- Add clams; stir-fry to heat through and to thicken sauce (about ½ minute).
- Serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.