Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 499)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Cookies "in the style of Florence," usually served with a sweet Italian wine.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Acacia honey *
- 1 1/2 cups Sliced natural (un-blanched) almonds
- 1/3 cup Candied orange peel; finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 4 ounces Dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Unsalted butter
- Combine sugar, cream, and honey in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring.
- Then gently boil to 238 degrees (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in almonds, orange peel, and flour.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto foil-covered cookies sheet.
- Flattening cookies slightly.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden around edges and done in center.
- Cool thoroughly on foil, then peel off and invert on wire track.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler; stir in butter.
- Spread mixture over flat bottom of cookies.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.