Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Tortine di Riso Con Salsa di Cioccolato
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 849)
Preparation time: 75 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Small rice cakes with chocolate sauce
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 75 gr (2.7 oz) Raisins, soaked in 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 pinch Sea Salt* *
- 1 Vanilla Bean split in half lenghtwise
- 85 gr (3 oz) Sugar
- The zest of 1/2 an Orange, finely chopped
- 70 gr (2.5 oz) Butter
- 100 gr (3.5 oz) Arborio Rice from Cascina Belvedere* *
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Rum
- 100 gr (3.5 oz) Ground Almonds
- 100 gr (3.5 oz) Chocolove 70% Strong Dark Chocolate* *
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Nutmeg* *
- 1 teaspoon Turbinado (raw cane) Sugar
For the cake:
- Soak the raisins in warm water.
- In a saucepan place the following: 2 cups whole milk, salt, split vanilla bean, 85 grams(3 oz) sugar, orange peel and 60 grams (2 oz) of butter. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, and cook until it has absorbed all the milk.
- Turn off heat, remove the vanilla bean and allow the rice to cool.
- Add to the cooled rice: two egg yolks, rum, the ground almonds and the raisins (slightly squeezed to remove water). Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Beat the two egg whites with an electric mixer until they form stiff peaks. It is very important that the beaten egg whites are perfectly solid like a snow ball.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the cooled rice.
- Butter 4 single portion pudding dishes or ramekins, fill them with the rice mixture and bake in 360º F oven for 35 minutes.
- While the rice cakes are cooking, prepare the chocolate sauce.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and combine the chocolate pieces with 1 tablespoon milk and ground nutmeg. Melt over a hot water bath while stirring continuously with a wire whisk.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and cool a few minutes. Unmold the rice cakes and serve warm. Just before serving pour the hot chocolate sauce on top of the cakes and sprinkle with a little Turbinado sugar.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.