Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Macaroni with Cheese and Black Pepper (Maccheroni Cacio e Pepe)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 181)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
In this very typical Italian dish Don Vito recomends using "Radiatori".
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Radiatori Pasta *
- 1 cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Black peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water
- In a large pot, bring 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons), and the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water and keep warm
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick pan over low heat; combine pasta and Pecorino cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, add the black peppercorn and the 2 spoons of reserved water from the pasta.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.