Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 19)
Serves 4 ; Yields 1 cup servings
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
A soup brought back from India by the British. The name means "pepper water."
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 cup Diced onion
- 1 cup Diced carrot
- 2 Stalks of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup Apple juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 teaspoon Curry powder *
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Diced tart apples
- 1/2 cup Boiled rice *
- 1/2 cup Diced chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper *
- 1/8 teaspoon Thyme *
- 1/2 cup Skim milk
- Sauté lightly onion, carrot, and celery in apple juice.
- Stir in flour and curry powder and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add apples, rice, cooked chicken, pepper, and thyme and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Immediately before serving, stir in skim milk.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.