Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 293)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 12 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
The fresher the better, not quite as good the next day, but still tasty.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 to 6 Serrano peppers
- 2 Ripe tomatoes
- 1 Medium purple onion
- 6 Tomatillos
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced and mashed
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt *
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar *
- Juice of 1 lime
- Dry-roast serrano peppers in a cast iron skillet.
- Chop tomatoes and onion and place in a mixing bowl.
- Remove outer skin of tomatillos and parboil for 60 seconds.
- Remove from heat, cool, and coarsely chop.
- Add to tomatoes and onion.
- Remove stems from peppers, chip, and add to mixing bowl.
- Remove leaves from stems of cilantro and add whole to the salsa.
- Stir in garlic, salt, oil, vinegar, and lime juice.
- Salsa Fresca is best served immediately.
*Follow the recipe for Salsa Fresca, with the addition of one chopped red bell pepper, and one chopped fresh pineapple. Also, omit the tomatillos and garlic.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.