Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 424)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
As direct a recipe for pan frying steak as you can get.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
4 Steak fillets
Angus fillet suggested
- 1 Garlic clove
- Fine sea salt and black peppercorn, freshly grated to taste *
4 tablespoons Whiskey
Single malt Lowland Scotch whiskey – suggested
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Add onion and fry gently until soft and just beginning to brown.
- Rub steaks with cut surface of garlic and season well.
- Fry steaks for 2 to 5 minutes each side.
- Cook as preferred.
- Pour on whiskey and add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn steaks over once, and spoon juice over for about ½ minute.
- Serve immediately with salad and sauté potatoes.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.