Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Braised, Marinated Pork
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 508)
Preparation time: 40 minutes; Cook time: 1 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Marinades are the secret to great flavor in many recipes. This one is almost a 1,2,3...enjoy.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Pork
- 1 Scallion stalk
- 1 Slice of fresh ginger root
- 1 Garlic clove
- 7 tablespoons Soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Black peppercorn; freshly ground *
- Cut pork in 4 equal parts.
- Cut scallion in 2-inch sections.
- Mince ginger root and garlic; then combine with 2 tablespoons soy sauce and Sherry wine.
- Add mixture to pork and toss gently.
- Let stand 30 minutes, turning meat occasionally ; then drain, discarding marinade.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a heavy pan.
- Add pork and brown quickly on all sides.
- Add sugar, 5 tablespoons soy sauce, peppercorn and scallion.
- Simmer, covered, until pork is done (about 45 minutes).
- Cut in 1-inch cubes and serve ( if pork show signs of burning, add ¼ cup boiling water).
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.