Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Onions in Herbs and Wine
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 726)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Easy side dish, also good as a topping for meat.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 4 Yellow Onions, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano *
- 1/4 teaspoon Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme *
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat a large frying pan and add the oil and garlic, along with the onions. Saute until they just begin to brown.
- Add the herbs and the wine and simmer until the onions are very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Check for salt and pepper, you should need little.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.