Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Honey Wheat Loaves
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 221)
Preparation time: 2 hours; Cook time: 40 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Sweet with honey and wheat; very easy to prepare.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 tablespoons Active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 cup Honey *
- 2 cups Warm water
- 2 teaspoons Salt *
- 2 cups Unbleached white flour
- 4 cups Whole wheat flour (approximate)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Sesame or poppy seeds *
- In a large bowl combine yeast, oil, and honey thoroughly mix in warm water.
- Allow yeast to activate for 10 minutes in a warm area.
- When yeast has foamed, add salt, unbleached white flour, and whole wheat flour.
- Knead on floured surface until elastic and smooth.
- Oil dough, replace in bowl and cover with damp cloth.
- Allow to rise 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- Beat dough down and allow to rise 30 minutes or more.
- Knead again, form into loaves and place on a baking sheet or in greased bread pans.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Carefully brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds, and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, depending on size of loaves.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.