Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 244)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Cold, refreshing and spicy soup from the south of Spain. Many, many variations are now avaiable world wide.
Serve with a Cote du Rhone, Syrah or slightly chilled Beaujolais.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 Bell peppers, chopped
- 4 Cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 Stacks celery, strings removed and chopped
- 4 Whole green onions, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced and mashed
- 6 Large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chopped parsley
- 3 cups Spicy tomato juice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano *
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- 1 teaspoon Pepper *
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil *
- 1 tablespoon Paprika *
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup Bread crumbs
- Chop ingredients by hand or in a food processor.
- Combine all ingredients and chill overnight or at least eight hours.
- Taste for seasoning and serve in chilled bowls.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.