Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Marinated Fish and Scallops
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 456)
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus cooling
Source: Vito De Carolis
Cold "cooked" by the marinade. First cousin to Ceviche.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Halibut, skinned and boned
- 1/2 pound Large scallops
- 3 Spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 Red bell pepper
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Lime
- 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black peppercorn, freshly ground *
- Cut fish into fairly thin slices.
- Halve scallops.
- Seed and coarsely chop bell peppers.
- Put vegetables, fish slices, and scallops into a bowl and mix well.
- Grate zest from lime and one lemon into the bowl.
- Squeeze juice from lemons and lime into a small bowl, whisk in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Pour garlic, peppercorn, and salt; over fish and vegetables, mix well and refrigerate overnight..
- Serve with toasted garlic bread slices.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.