Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Fragrant, Braised Pork
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 493)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 2 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fragrant indeed, with tangerine peel, ginger and other spices!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Piece of tangerine peel
- 2 pounds Pork
- 2 Scallion stalks
- 3 Fresh ginger roots
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 cup Sherry wine
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Anise powder
- 1/2 Cinnamon stick *
- 4 Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 cup Water
- Soak tangerine peel.
- Cut pork in 1-inch cubes.
- Slice scallion and ginger root.
- Heat oil to smoking in a heavy pan and brown pork quickly on all sides.
- Add Sherry wine, soy sauce, anise powder, cinnamon, cloves, salt and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add tangerine peel, sliced scallion, and ginger root.
- Then simmer, covered, until tender ( about 1½ hours), turning meat occasionally (if water evaporates, add a small quantity of boiling water to prevent burning).
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.